0 Shouts - 5,152,501 Scrobbles
There are at least five artists named "Diablo":Read More...
1) A Four piece Finnish melodic death metal band formed in 1995.
2) A Korean thrash metal band.
3) An experimental Chilean screamo/post rock band
4) An Amiga demoscene musician active in the early and mid 1990s
5) An obscure heavy metal band from the Philippines formed in the early 70s.
1) Diablo was born in the late 1990s in Finland. They recorded it´s first mini-album "Princess" catching a record deal with Poko Rekords. The first album Elegance in Black was released in 2000 and was described as a powerful punch in the face.
In 2002 after releasing the second album Renaissance, which went straight to number 14 on the Finnish Top 40, Diablo played gigs on several summer festivals. Most important of them was the internationally known Tuska-festival in Helsinki. The band also made a video of the album's opening track Angel. Diablo took a strong place in the Finnish metal music scene with these two albums.
The expectations for the third album increased to a high level when the release date got closer. The hype around the band was enormous. And just before the third album´s release, Finnish most popular music show "Levyraati" broadcasted their brand new video of the song Read My Scars, also released as a single (staying nine weeks on the single chart, topping at number three). The video got so much feedback that even the grannies knew the group after that!
"Diablo“ that hails in the names of Testament, Slayer and Death- released it's third album Eternium on the 19th of January 2004. It went straight to number 3 on the chart, staying for eight weeks on the Finnish Top 40. The band got awesome media interest. Most of the gigs were sold out and the forthcoming summer seems to be a busy time for the group. Diablo, Finland's brightest metal hope, is known as a super live act, capable of producing their enormous roar also on stage.
Their fourth album, Mimic47 was released 18.1.2006. Album went first on the chart directly.
Their fifth album, Icaros, was released 14.5.2008 under the label Sakara, debuting at #2 on the chart.
Diablo is: Rainer Nygård (guitar & vocals), Aadolf Virtanen (bass) and Marko Utriainen (lead guitar). Timo Kemppainen was the band's original drummer. He was replaced by Heikki Malmberg (drums since 2000).
2) Also a visual kei band.
3) More info and songs on http://www.myspace.com/eldiabloesunmagnifico.
4) Notable for composing the songs from Budbrain’s first and second megademos.
5) One of the first metal bands from the Philippines, formed sometime in the early 70's and often regarded as forgotten godfathers of the metal genre. Formed by young occult fanatics Morrison Uchida and Eldritch Yokoyama, they released one known demo titled "Huling Sumpa" in 1975 and played a few shocking gigs before vanishing into obscurity. Some say that Morrison Uchida was arrested and sentenced to life in prison in 1981 or 1982 for killing three people and critically wounding eight others at a bar.
Last known lineup:
Ben Diablo - vocals
Jesus Kalansay - guitar
Mesias - guitar
Bangkay - bass
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsVoi perkele!
The time has come for you and me
To reveal the truth from inside
I am not of the kind you want me to be
I'm going nowhere but down
- Icaros - 167,577 plays
- LyricsSoon they will see what I mean
When I've said that stones won't bleed
So that they don't have to waste
their lives wondering why
They've been dreaming all these years
- Shadow World - 124,356 plays
- Damien - 128,122 plays
- Symbol of Eternity - 160,821 plays
- Condition Red - 112,355 plays
- In Sorrow We Trust - 115,844 plays
- Trail Of Kings - 115,428 plays
- Together as Lost - 106,699 plays