15 Shouts - 36,486 Scrobbles
Born and raised in the western suburbs, Derrick was into music from a young age, but during his teens Chicago´s house scene sucked him in for good. Before long Derrick became a strong presence in Chicago´s underground dance scene. "When I got my driver´s license at 16 my sneak ability was validated," he laughs. "I was a fierce bedroom jock for a long time. After you mix for the love of it for six or seven years, you get it pretty tight and you can take it on the road." Derrick got by working at dance–music specialty stores like Gramaphone and gigging at parties.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Legacy - (5:29) - 112 plays
- Boompty Boomp Theme - (4:54) - 46 plays
- Defected Presents House Masters - Derrick Carter Mixtape - (5:06) - 36 plays
- 10 - (4:38) - 22 plays
- Legacy - Freaksnewschoolode Mix - (7:34) - 29 plays
- Legacy - BHQuode Mix - (5:28) - 13 plays
- Life is Like a Circle - (7:38) - 13 plays
- Legacy - Dub - (5:30) - 8 plays
- Red Nail Club Mix - 11 plays
- Santa Margherita (derrick carter bhq re-rub) - (0:30) - 10 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online