19 Shouts - 402,851 Scrobbles
Delbert McClinton is a blues musician born 4 November 1940, in Lubbock, Texas. He honed his craft working in a bar band, The Straitjackets, backing visiting blues giants such as Sonny Boy Williamson II, Howlin' Wolf, Lightnin' Hopkins, and Jimmy Reed. He made his first recordings as a member of the Ron-Dels and was noted for his distinctive harmonica work on Bruce Channel's 1962 hit "Hey Baby". On a tour of the UK with Channel, McClinton met a young John Lennon and advised him on his harmonica technique, resulting in the sound heard on the Beatles hit "Love Me Do".
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Down Into Mexico - (4:33) - 655 plays
- LyricsI saw someone again today who remembered me and you
They asked all the same old questions, I gave the same excuse
They said, "What a shame, what a shame, to lose a love so fine"
But I never lost you, I never lost you
I never lost you, you were never mine
- Two More Bottles Of Wine - (3:02) - 427 plays
- LyricsWell, for one thing, there was a whole lot of guys
Who would've liked to have been in my shoes
But the upkeep on a woman like that
Will give an old poor boy the blues
Still the pleasure was worth the pain
- Giving It Up For Your Love - (3:47) - 479 plays
- I've Got Dreams to Remember - (4:32) - 412 plays
- Giving It Up For Your Love - Original Hit Version - (3:44) - 310 plays
- B-Movie Boxcar Blues - (3:49) - 265 plays
- Before You Accuse Me - (3:07) - 236 plays
- Victim Of Life's Circumstances - (2:22) - 225 plays