0 Shouts - 182,968 Scrobbles
Delay is a moniker for multiple bands:Read More...
1) An American powerpop band
2) An American shoegaze band
3) A Swiss synthpop group
4) A Hungarian post-rock band
5) A four-piece rock band from Norwich, England
1) Delay (Ohio) are a power pop punk trio from the surrounding Columbus, Ohio area. They've been putting out all of their own records since they were thirteen and still print and press most of their records. Lots of tight harmonies and high energy are to be expected. They have 6 records, the latest record Rushing Ceremony was released on Shout Out Loud Prints. They are largely responsible for making the DIY punk scene in Columbus what it is today and making Columbus a good place for bands on tour to play. They play a heavy role in the organization of Berea Fest every year in Berea, Ohio, since 2006.
2) Delay (Bellingham, WA, USA) were a post-rock shoe-gaze inluenced ambient rock band.
In two years of performing together (from '01 to '03) Delay (Bham) released just one album initially; this live album was recorded at none other than the legendary 3B Tavern in Bellingham, WA, and remastered and re-released in the spring of '07 and appeared on Clickpop Records (cp005). Band members went on to take part in such projects as Prosser and The Crying Shame among others.
3) Delay was a Swiss EBM / synthpop band from 1994-1997. While most well-known for their 1994 single "Working in a Factory", the group's albums--notably An Altered State of Consciousness and Winter Paranoia--offer dark, aggressive takes on the genre.
4) Delay is a post-rock band from Hungary