7 Shouts - 135,500 Scrobbles
Delano Floyd McCoury (born February 1, 1939 in Bakersfield, NC) is an American bluegrass musician. As leader of The Del McCoury Band, he plays guitar and sings lead vocals along with his two sons, Ronnie McCoury and Rob McCoury who play mandolin and banjo respectively. McCoury has had a long career in bluegrass. Although originally hired as banjo player, he sang lead vocals and played rhythm guitar for Bill Monroe's Bluegrass Boys in the 1960s, with whom he first appeared on the Grand Ole Opry in 1963.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- I Feel the Blues Moving In - (3:39) - 474 plays
- High on a Mountain - (2:51) - 313 plays
- If You've Got The Money Honey - (2:02) - 317 plays
- LyricsLong ol' train cruel engineer
They took my baby and left me here
And how long will I keep these lonesome blues?
How long, how long
Has that evening train been gone?
- Cheek To Cheek With The Blues - (2:19) - 259 plays
- True Love Never Dies - (3:29) - 222 plays
- A Deeper Shade Of Blue - (2:31) - 207 plays
- Don't Stop The Music - (3:41) - 145 plays
- Take Me To The Mountains - (3:20) - 147 plays
- What Made Milwaukee Famous - (3:16) - 161 plays