3,776 Shouts - 41,613,927 Scrobbles
Deep Purple is an English rock band formed in Hertfordshire in 1968. Together with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath they are considered to be heavy metal pioneers. Especially influential to heavy metal were Ian Gillan's powerful screams and Ritchie Blackmore's virtuoso solos. Deep Purple were also very influential to progressive rock. Deep Purple's early output ranged from rock (such as their cover of Joe South's "Hush)" to strongly classically influenced pieces (such as "April", from their third album).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Smoke on the Water - (9:24) - 145,987 plays
- Highway Star - (6:43) - 98,723 plays
- Child in Time - (10:39) - 84,422 plays
- Hush - (8:19) - 46,698 plays
- Perfect Strangers - (10:08) - 49,792 plays
- Burn - (6:20) - 44,122 plays
- Space Truckin' - (4:33) - 33,850 plays
- Soldier Of Fortune - (3:13) - 48,603 plays
- Lazy - (6:12) - 35,260 plays
- Black Night - (8:25) - 31,858 plays