3,800 Shouts - 42,973,125 Scrobbles
Deep Purple is an English hard rock band that formed in Hertfordshire in 1968. Together with groups such as Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, they're considered as heavy metal pioneers. Especially influential to later metal bands were Ian Gillan's powerful screams and Ritchie Blackmore's virtuoso solos. Deep Purple were also very influential to progressive music as well, with their style evolving over the years and incorporating a variety of genres from art rock to blues to psychedelia and more.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Smoke on the Water - (9:24) - 139,942 plays
- Highway Star - (6:43) - 98,995 plays
- LyricsSweet child in time, you'll see the line
The line that's drawn between, good and the bad
See the blind man, he's shooting at the world
The bullets flying and they're taking toll
If you've been bad, Lord I bet you have
- LyricsCan you remember, remember my name?
As I flow through your life
A thousand oceans I have flown
And cold spirits of ice
All my life I am the echo of your past
- Hush - (8:19) - 44,057 plays
- Burn - (6:20) - 40,751 plays
- Soldier Of Fortune - (3:13) - 47,226 plays
- Space Truckin' - (4:33) - 32,444 plays
- Lazy - (6:12) - 33,959 plays
- Fireball - (3:23) - 27,835 plays