3,808 Shouts - 43,463,174 Scrobbles
Deep Purple is an English hard rock band that formed in Hertfordshire in 1968. Together with groups such as Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, they're considered as heavy metal pioneers. Especially influential to later metal bands were Ian Gillan's powerful screams and Ritchie Blackmore's virtuoso solos. Deep Purple were also very influential to progressive music as well, with their style evolving over the years and incorporating a variety of genres from art rock to blues to psychedelia and more.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Smoke on the Water - (8:33) - 130,228 plays
- Highway Star - (6:43) - 99,694 plays
- Child in Time - (10:36) - 77,398 plays
- Hush - (8:19) - 41,200 plays
- Perfect Strangers - (10:08) - 45,305 plays
- Soldier Of Fortune - (3:13) - 45,134 plays
- Burn - (6:20) - 37,535 plays
- Space Truckin' - (4:33) - 31,515 plays
- Smoke On the Water - 1971 Recording - (5:40) - 28,749 plays
- Lazy - (6:12) - 31,723 plays