3,781 Shouts - 41,853,203 Scrobbles
Deep Purple is an English rock band formed in Hertfordshire in 1968. Together with Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath they are considered to be heavy metal pioneers. Especially influential to heavy metal were Ian Gillan's powerful screams and Ritchie Blackmore's virtuoso solos. Deep Purple were also very influential to progressive rock. Deep Purple's early output ranged from rock (such as their cover of Joe South's "Hush)" to strongly classically influenced pieces (such as "April", from their third album).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Smoke on the Water - (9:24) - 146,984 plays
- Highway Star - (6:43) - 99,503 plays
- Child in Time - (10:36) - 85,812 plays
- Hush - (8:19) - 46,881 plays
- Perfect Strangers - (10:08) - 50,822 plays
- Burn - (6:20) - 44,290 plays
- Space Truckin' - (4:33) - 34,119 plays
- Soldier Of Fortune - (3:13) - 49,310 plays
- Lazy - (6:12) - 35,538 plays
- Black Night - (5:54) - 31,837 plays