3,803 Shouts - 43,000,985 Scrobbles
Deep Purple is an English hard rock band that formed in Hertfordshire in 1968. Together with groups such as Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin, they're considered as heavy metal pioneers. Especially influential to later metal bands were Ian Gillan's powerful screams and Ritchie Blackmore's virtuoso solos. Deep Purple were also very influential to progressive music as well, with their style evolving over the years and incorporating a variety of genres from art rock to blues to psychedelia and more.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Smoke on the Water - (8:33) - 133,558 plays
- Highway Star - (6:43) - 97,873 plays
- Child in Time - (10:39) - 79,261 plays
- Hush - (8:19) - 42,565 plays
- Perfect Strangers - (10:08) - 46,761 plays
- Burn - (6:20) - 38,895 plays
- Soldier Of Fortune - (3:13) - 46,008 plays
- Space Truckin' - (4:33) - 31,919 plays
- Lazy - (6:12) - 32,908 plays
- Smoke On the Water - 1971 Recording - (5:40) - 26,981 plays