45 Shouts - 213,797 Scrobbles
Death Vessel is a neo-traditional folk band from Providence, Rhode Island, signed to Sub Pop, and headed by Joel Thibodeau. Their first album, Stay Close was released on North East Indie in 2005 to critical acclaim. Stay Close, was widely heralded for its solid songwriting, its musical ingenuity and for the unique quality of Thibodeau's crooning. His soprano register is exceptionally high for a male and even pre-pubescent sounding. Death Vessel has toured with Iron & Wine, Low, Jose Gonzalez, and The Books, among others. In 2006 the band was signed to Seattle's venerated Sub Pop Records.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Block My Eye - (4:12) - 557 plays
- Bruno's Torso - (3:54) - 384 plays
- Obadiah in Oblivion - (3:03) - 289 plays
- Exploded View - (2:44) - 272 plays
- The Widening - (2:32) - 217 plays
- Jitterakadie - (2:43) - 241 plays
- Mandan Dink - (3:33) - 194 plays
- Fences Around Field - (3:20) - 247 plays
- Deep In The Horchata - (3:33) - 200 plays
- Mean Streak - (3:01) - 175 plays