45 Shouts - 218,468 Scrobbles
Death Vessel is a neo-traditional folk band from Providence, Rhode Island, signed to Sub Pop, and headed by Joel Thibodeau. Their first album, Stay Close was released on North East Indie in 2005 to critical acclaim. Stay Close, was widely heralded for its solid songwriting, its musical ingenuity and for the unique quality of Thibodeau's crooning. His soprano register is exceptionally high for a male and even pre-pubescent sounding. Death Vessel has toured with Iron & Wine, Low, Jose Gonzalez, and The Books, among others. In 2006 the band was signed to Seattle's venerated Sub Pop Records.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Block My Eye - (4:12) - 517 plays
- Bruno's Torso - (3:54) - 341 plays
- The Widening - (2:32) - 185 plays
- Obadiah in Oblivion - (3:03) - 219 plays
- Exploded View - (2:44) - 207 plays
- Circa - (3:41) - 189 plays
- Peninsula - (5:20) - 136 plays
- Fences Around Field - (3:20) - 146 plays
- Jitterakadie - (2:43) - 172 plays
- Ilsa Drown - (4:36) - 143 plays