Death From Above 1979
2,921 Shouts - 17,090,095 Scrobbles
Death from Above 1979 are the Toronto-based duo of Jesse F. Keeler on bass/synths and Sebastien Grainger on vocals/drums. Refusing to employ a lead guitarist, they played loud synth infused dance punk on the drum and bass combination alone. Originally named just "Death From Above", the duo changed their name after a legal dispute with New York City dance-punk label Death From Above (known as DFA Records since the September 11, 2001 attacks).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsYour romantic rights are all that you got
Push them down son it's more than just lip
C'mon girls I know you know what you want
C'mon, C'mon now and give them all shhhhh
You're beating walls now you just won't quit
- LyricsCan you remember a time when this city was
A great place for architects and dilitants
A nice place for midwives and crossing guards
And on, and on...
Hold on children
- LyricsI am leaving, while you turn away
In the basement is where I'm going to stay
There is blood in all the things, I say
Will you hate me, if I stay this way?
From the bedroom, where we're running from
- LyricsMy brother has a lady, oh, and one day she will have a baby
My brother has a baby oh, and one day, and one day she'll save me
Ohhh need to talk to you girl
Ohhhhhhhh No No NOOO!!!
You know this lady she's my baby, she's my baby, baby
- LyricsBe there for you someday soon
Don't hold your breath I'm on the move
I know you have so much to say
To me but I'm on the move
- Going Steady - (2:50) - 32,501 plays
- Go Home, Get Down - (2:20) - 28,454 plays
- Pull Out - (1:50) - 27,468 plays
- You're a Woman, I'm a Machine - (2:53) - 25,684 plays
- Cold War - (2:34) - 24,085 plays