Death From Above 1979
2,956 Shouts - 17,528,087 Scrobbles
Death from Above 1979 are the Toronto-based duo of Jesse F. Keeler on bass/synths and Sebastien Grainger on vocals/drums. Refusing to employ a lead guitarist, they played loud synth infused dance punk on the drum and bass combination alone. Originally named just "Death From Above", the duo changed their name after a legal dispute with New York City dance-punk label Death From Above (known as DFA Records since the September 11, 2001 attacks).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Romantic Rights - (3:15) - 39,284 plays
- LyricsCan you remember a time when this city was
A great place for architects and dilitants
A nice place for midwives and crossing guards
And on, and on...
Hold on children
- Blood on Our Hands - (3:00) - 30,608 plays
- LyricsMy brother has a lady, oh, and one day she will have a baby
My brother has a baby oh, and one day, and one day she'll save me
Ohhh need to talk to you girl
Ohhhhhhhh No No NOOO!!!
You know this lady she's my baby, she's my baby, baby
- LyricsBe there for you someday soon
Don't hold your breath I'm on the move
I know you have so much to say
To me but I'm on the move
- Going Steady - (2:50) - 27,700 plays
- Go Home, Get Down - (2:20) - 23,751 plays
- Pull Out - (1:50) - 22,982 plays
- You're a Woman, I'm a Machine - (2:53) - 20,799 plays
- Cold War - (2:34) - 20,028 plays