Death From Above 1979
2,960 Shouts - 17,772,762 Scrobbles
Death from Above 1979 are the Toronto-based duo of Jesse F. Keeler on bass/synths and Sebastien Grainger on vocals/drums. Refusing to employ a lead guitarist, they played loud synth infused dance punk on the drum and bass combination alone. Originally named just "Death From Above", the duo changed their name after a legal dispute with New York City dance-punk label Death From Above (known as DFA Records since the September 11, 2001 attacks).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Romantic Rights - (3:15) - 36,605 plays
- Black History Month - (3:48) - 28,075 plays
- LyricsI am leaving, while you turn away
In the basement is where I'm going to stay
There is blood in all the things, I say
Will you hate me, if I stay this way?
From the bedroom, where we're running from
- Little Girl - (4:00) - 28,448 plays
- LyricsBe there for you someday soon
Don't hold your breath I'm on the move
I know you have so much to say
To me but I'm on the move
- Going Steady - (2:50) - 25,366 plays
- Go Home, Get Down - (2:20) - 21,768 plays
- Pull Out - (1:50) - 20,732 plays
- You're a Woman, I'm a Machine - (2:53) - 19,179 plays
- Cold War - (2:34) - 17,945 plays