0 Shouts - 17,835 Scrobbles
There are more than one artist named Dear:Read More...
1. Dear, a Danish Band.
2. Dear, a Japanese rock band.
3. Dear, A Japanese HIP HOP、R&B, Pop Singer.
4. dear, an American lo-fi dream pop musician
1. Dear was founded in 1999 by Laust Sonne and was originally intended as a solo-project. The first Dear-album Nice Noizy Toys (MNW, Feb. 2001) Was therefore solely a product of Laust Sonne’s imagination.
For the Follow-up live tour Laust handpicked a string of his favorite musicans and together they toured intensely te following year and a half (Including the three major Danish Festivals: Roskilde festival, Midtfyns Festival and Skanderborg Festival)
With the follow-up Billy B (Billy B. Records / Playground, Nov. 2003) Dear takes the band-vibe all the way. There are quite a few 1st takes on the album and the production breathes with life and strong urge to rock.
Billy B is co-produced by Superheroes- and PRIVATE leadsinger Thomas Troelsen in his own Delta Lab Studio. It was recorded and mixed in 3 ½ weeks.
Live Dear consists of the following members:
Laust Sonne: Lead vocal, guitar
Kåre Joensen: Bass, backing vocal
Louise Preisler, Keyboards, backing vocal
Jesper Elnegaard: Drums
Oliver Hoiness: Guitar
2. Dear was a Japanese rock band which had some mild visual kei elements. The group formed in 1996, and were signed to Platinum Records, visual kei mongol Yoshiki's label (of X Japan fame). The group had some mild success in their time as a band, but failed to be anything major. The group split in 2001.
3. Dear is a Japanese HIP HOP、R&B, Pop Singer, currenly signed to the Pony Crayon Japan record label.
4. dear is the solo project of Margaret Grace, a bedroom and dream pop musician. Margaret released her first album, dear EP on bandcamp in July 2014. She combines the lo-fi simplicity of Daniel Johnston with floating dream-like vocals.