Dead Letters Spell Out Dead Words
0 Shouts - 76,798 Scrobbles
»I don't see the reflection of a man, I see a specter, a phantasm, a distorted human-like figure to which I can't relate«Read More...
Dead Letters Spell Out Dead Words is the specter that haunts Sweden's Thomas Ekelund. A graphic designer, musician, and visual artist, Ekelund brings to his body of work a dark vision of brooding isolation tempered by the hope that salvation from the garbled ether of digital and psychological pollution is possible.
After being diagnosed with a near crippling mental disease, Ekelund sought sanctuary in sound but recoiled from what he created. Ekelund stares into the shadow sounds that invade our lives and grind the spaces between us and sees his fractured reflection staring back. With his splintered mind as a guide, Ekelund plumbs the depths of noisy maelstroms and explores the currents of isolation and madness, conjuring emotive landscapes that draw blood as often as they heal.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- This Room Seems Empty Without You - 7,278 plays
- Lost & Losing - 3,776 plays
- I Need You So That I Could Die - 2,393 plays
- Himmelschreibende Herzen - 3,011 plays
- Tell Me That You Feel the Same (Reprise) - 1,966 plays
- Tell Laura I love her - 1,788 plays
- When She's Gone - 1,925 plays
- A list of things - 1,495 plays
- I Could've Sworn I Heard Them Sing - 1,629 plays
- July 12th, 2005 - 2,237 plays