14 Shouts - 95,156 Scrobbles
David Murray (Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet) was born in Oakland, California in 1955. He grew up in Berkeley and studied with Catherine Murray (organist and David's mother), Bobby Bradford, Arthur Blythe, Stanley Crouch, Margaret Kohn and many others before he left Pomona College (Los Angeles) for New York where he moved in 1975. In New York he met and played with Cecil Taylor, who along with Dewey Redman gave the young musician the encouragement he needed.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Milano Strut - (8:17) - 177 plays
- Common Ground - (7:54) - 119 plays
- Ming - (9:48) - 74 plays
- The Hill - (10:39) - 89 plays
- Flowers for Albert - (9:20) - 68 plays
- Waltz to Heaven - (9:36) - 57 plays
- The Fast Life - (8:55) - 52 plays
- Santa Barbara And Crenshaw Follies - (11:36) - 48 plays
- Jasvan - 40 plays
- Dewey's Circle - (13:44) - 47 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online