14 Shouts - 96,099 Scrobbles
David Murray (Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet) was born in Oakland, California in 1955. He grew up in Berkeley and studied with Catherine Murray (organist and David's mother), Bobby Bradford, Arthur Blythe, Stanley Crouch, Margaret Kohn and many others before he left Pomona College (Los Angeles) for New York where he moved in 1975. In New York he met and played with Cecil Taylor, who along with Dewey Redman gave the young musician the encouragement he needed.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Ming - (9:48) - 70 plays
- The Hill - (10:39) - 66 plays
- Waltz to Heaven - (9:36) - 61 plays
- Flowers for Albert - (9:20) - 58 plays
- The Fast Life - (8:55) - 46 plays
- Dewey's Circle - (13:44) - 39 plays
- Jasvan - 36 plays
- Santa Barbara And Crenshaw Follies - (11:36) - 38 plays
- French Kiss for Valerie - (6:56) - 40 plays
- Nevada's Theme - (11:15) - 33 plays