13 Shouts - 86,656 Scrobbles
David Murray (Tenor Saxophone, Bass Clarinet) was born in Oakland, California in 1955. He grew up in Berkeley and studied with Catherine Murray (organist and David's mother), Bobby Bradford, Arthur Blythe, Stanley Crouch, Margaret Kohn and many others before he left Pomona College (Los Angeles) for New York where he moved in 1975. In New York he met and played with Cecil Taylor, who along with Dewey Redman gave the young musician the encouragement he needed.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Be My Monster Love - (3:20) - 205 plays
- Waltz to Heaven - (9:36) - 116 plays
- Ming - (9:48) - 114 plays
- Flowers for Albert - (9:20) - 78 plays
- French Kiss for Valerie - (6:56) - 106 plays
- Chazz - (8:44) - 85 plays
- New Life - (9:05) - 88 plays
- Circles - (11:54) - 68 plays
- Santa Barbara And Crenshaw Follies - (11:36) - 60 plays
- Elegy for Fannie Lou - (9:46) - 59 plays