David Alan Mamet (pronounced /ˈmæmɨt/; born November 30, 1947) is an American author, essayist, playwright, screenwriter, and film director. His works are known for their clever, terse, sometimes vulgar dialogue and arcane stylized phrasing, as well as for their exploration of masculinity. Mamet received Tony Award nominations for Glengarry Glen Ross (1984) and Speed-the-Plow (1988), as well as the Pulitzer Prize for Glengarry Glen Ross.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Phil Spector - (1:31) - 2 plays
- Glengarry Glen Ross - (78:53) - 4 plays
- Spartan - (111:40) - 5 plays
- The Secret Knowledge: On the Dismantling of American Culture (Unabridged) - (406:17) - 3 plays
- Heist (2001) - (109:02) - 1 plays
- Speed the Plow (Dramatized) - (80:52) - 1 plays
- David Mamet on Film - (15:01) - 1 plays
- State and Main - (105:48) - 1 plays