David Lee Roth
189 Shouts - 1,948,172 Scrobbles
David Lee Roth (born October 10, 1954 in Bloomington, Indiana) is an American rock vocalist, songwriter, rock climber, adventurer, actor, author, and former radio personality, perhaps best known for his work with the band Van Halen and his fast-talking, larger-than-life persona. He left Van Halen due to creative differences in 1985 (being replaced by Sammy Hagar (Montrose, HSAS)) and went solo. After a short time spent performing lounge jazz, Roth recruited a super group of Steve Vai (guitar), Billy Sheehan (bass) and Gregg Bissonette (drums)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsRockin' steady in her daddy's car
She got the stereo with the big guitars
And that's all right
I got the itch and a restless soul
She gone with the wind
- LyricsAre you ready for the new sensation?
Well, here's the shot heard 'round the world
All you back room boys salute when her flag unfurls
Well, guess who's back in circulation?
Now, I don't know what you may have heard
- LyricsWell, east coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when I'm down there
The Midwest farmer's daughters
- Tobacco Road [La Calle Del Tabaco] - (2:31) - 2,267 plays
- LyricsI'm just a gigolo and everywhere I go
People know the part I'm playing
Pay for every dance, selling each romance
Ooh, I could say
There will come a day
- A Lil' Ain't Enough - (4:43) - 1,611 plays
- Tobacco Road - (2:29) - 1,439 plays
- Damn Good - (5:46) - 1,214 plays
- Just A Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody (45 Version) - (4:19) - 1,401 plays
- It's Showtime! - (3:48) - 1,090 plays