David Lee Roth
188 Shouts - 1,860,249 Scrobbles
David Lee Roth (born October 10, 1954 in Bloomington, Indiana) is an American rock vocalist, songwriter, rock climber, adventurer, actor, author, and former radio personality, perhaps best known for his work with the band Van Halen and his fast-talking, larger-than-life persona. He left Van Halen due to creative differences in 1985 (being replaced by Sammy Hagar (Montrose, HSAS)) and went solo. After a short time spent performing lounge jazz, Roth recruited a super group of Steve Vai (guitar), Billy Sheehan (bass) and Gregg Bissonette (drums)...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAre you ready for the new sensation?
Well, here's the shot heard 'round the world
All you back room boys salute when her flag unfurls
Well, guess who's back in circulation?
Now, I don't know what you may have heard
- LyricsRockin' steady in her daddy's car
She got the stereo with the big guitars
And that's all right
I got the itch and a restless soul
She gone with the wind
- LyricsWell, east coast girls are hip
I really dig those styles they wear
And the southern girls with the way they talk
They knock me out when I'm down there
The Midwest farmer's daughters
- Tobacco Road [La Calle Del Tabaco] - (2:31) - 3,920 plays
- LyricsI'm just a gigolo and ev'rywhere I go
People know the bar I'm playing
Pay for every dance selling each romance
Ooh, I could say
There would come a day
- Tobacco Road - (2:29) - 1,728 plays
- A Lil' Ain't Enough - (4:43) - 1,873 plays
- Just A Gigolo / I Ain't Got Nobody (45 Version) - (4:19) - 1,580 plays
- Damn Good - (5:46) - 1,222 plays
- Just a Gigolo - (4:42) - 1,486 plays