20 Shouts - 191,698 Scrobbles
David Knopfler (born 27 December 1952, Glasgow) is a British singer-songwriter, rhythm guitarist, pianist and co-founder (with older brother Mark Knopfler) of the critically-acclaimed rock band Dire Straits. After three years in Dire Straits (from 1977 to 1980), Knopfler embarked on a solo career as a recording artist, releasing a respectable number of albums over the years. Knopfler played rhythm guitar and appeared on Dire Straits' first two albums: 1978's Dire Straits and 1979's Communiqué.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- 4U (Rabbit Song) - (5:41) - 407 plays
- Drowning Pool - (3:49) - 357 plays
- Easy Street - (3:45) - 299 plays
- LyricsI'm the king of ashes
Nothing from the flame survives
Hands can turn the tides
I have been consumed
The road runs straight from Tarsus
- Soul Kissing - (4:40) - 234 plays
- Madonna's Daughter - (4:19) - 193 plays
- Ship Of Dreams - (4:34) - 207 plays
- Jericho - (3:22) - 156 plays
- Steel Wheels - (3:45) - 137 plays
- If God Could Make the Angels - (4:26) - 112 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online