15 Shouts - 404,253 Scrobbles
David Grisman (born 1945 in Hackensack, New Jersey) is a noted bluegrass/newgrass mandolinist and composer of acoustic music. He started the Acoustic Disc record label in an effort to preserve and spread acoustic or instrumental music. David Grisman started his musical career in 1963 as a member of The Even Dozen Jug Band. His nickname, "Dawg" was affectionately assigned by his close friend Jerry Garcia (the two met at a Van Hoy Campground (NC) back when they used to host the old time fiddlers convention).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shady Grove - 1,300 plays
- Friend of the Devil - (6:57) - 647 plays
- Whiskey In The Jar - (4:17) - 561 plays
- The Thrill Is Gone - (4:47) - 524 plays
- Man Of Constant Sorow - (5:07) - 345 plays
- Grateful Dawg - (2:59) - 365 plays
- Russian Lullaby - (4:14) - 355 plays
- Walkin' Boss - (5:18) - 338 plays
- Louis Collins - 259 plays
- Bury Me Beneath the Willow (feat. Ralph Rinzler) - (4:22) - 197 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online