14 Shouts - 359,003 Scrobbles
David Grisman (born 1945 in Hackensack, New Jersey) is a noted bluegrass/newgrass mandolinist and composer of acoustic music. He started the Acoustic Disc record label in an effort to preserve and spread acoustic or instrumental music. David Grisman started his musical career in 1963 as a member of The Even Dozen Jug Band. His nickname, "Dawg" was affectionately assigned by his close friend Jerry Garcia (the two met at a Van Hoy Campground (NC) back when they used to host the old time fiddlers convention).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shady Grove - 1,461 plays
- Friend of the Devil - (6:57) - 854 plays
- Whiskey In The Jar - (4:17) - 700 plays
- Minor Swing - (3:37) - 600 plays
- Man Of Constant Sorow - (5:07) - 581 plays
- The Thrill Is Gone - (4:47) - 613 plays
- Dawg's Bull - (4:15) - 452 plays
- Grateful Dawg - (2:59) - 437 plays
- Little Sadie - (1:17) - 369 plays
- Walkin' Boss - (5:18) - 413 plays