14 Shouts - 379,424 Scrobbles
David Grisman (born 1945 in Hackensack, New Jersey) is a noted bluegrass/newgrass mandolinist and composer of acoustic music. He started the Acoustic Disc record label in an effort to preserve and spread acoustic or instrumental music. David Grisman started his musical career in 1963 as a member of The Even Dozen Jug Band. His nickname, "Dawg" was affectionately assigned by his close friend Jerry Garcia (the two met at a Van Hoy Campground (NC) back when they used to host the old time fiddlers convention).
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Shady Grove - 1,301 plays
- Friend of the Devil - (6:57) - 733 plays
- Whiskey In The Jar - (4:17) - 765 plays
- E.M.D. - (2:41) - 460 plays
- The Thrill Is Gone - (4:47) - 492 plays
- Grateful Dawg - (2:59) - 420 plays
- Man Of Constant Sorow - (5:07) - 447 plays
- Russian Lullaby - (4:14) - 354 plays
- Walkin' Boss - (5:18) - 376 plays
- Louis Collins - 382 plays