0 Shouts - 110,139 Scrobbles
David Grier is an American acoustic guitarist. He is considered to be one of the premier flatpicking guitarists in the world. His unique phrasing and his ability to create multiple variations on a theme are hallmarks of his playing style. He was named "Guitar Player of the Year" by the IBMA three times (1992, 1993 and 1995).Read More...
Grier performs solo and as a member of the group Psychograss, founded by Darol Anger and Mike Marshall.
Grier grew up in a very musical household. Grier's father, Lamar, was a banjo player in Bluegrass legend Bill Monroe's band for a number of years. Roland White was a major musical influence on the young Grier, and helped him learn to play. Grier's guitar playing is also heavily influenced by that of the legendary Clarence White, Roland's brother.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Fog Rolling Over the Glen - 12,283 plays
- Wheeling - 6,833 plays
- Angeline the Baker - 6,208 plays
- A Blue Midnite Star - 5,689 plays
- If I Knew Her Name - 5,278 plays
- Shadowbrook - 4,856 plays
- Smith Chapel - 4,735 plays
- Forked Deer - 4,128 plays
- Engagement Waltz - 3,868 plays
- Lone Soldier - 4,406 plays