111 Shouts - 599,605 Scrobbles
David Coverdale (born September 22, 1951 in Saltburn-by-the-Sea, England) is a rock vocalist most famous for his work with the British hard rock band Deep Purple, and his later band Whitesnake. Coverdale was largely unknown until he replaced Deep Purple vocalist Ian Gillan in 1973. He was a Boutique clerk in Redcar, Yorkshire when he sent in an old Boy Scout picture of his along with a demo tape to Deep Purple.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- David Coverdale Introduction - (0:41) - 2,114 plays
- She Give Me - (4:12) - 2,110 plays
- LyricsI was dreamin' of the past
Why do good times never last?
Help me Jesus, show the way
I can't hold on another day
I was hungry, feelin' low
In the shadows of the dark night,
You need a woman by your side..
She'll help you make it in the cold light
and keep you warm an' satisfied
She got them eagle feathers; cocaine eyes
She got the heat to make a dead man rise
A rose in her hair, a devil may care attitude
She never said she would stay by my side
- Love Is Blind - (5:43) - 1,063 plays
- Hole In The Sky - (3:22) - 608 plays
- Time On My Side - (4:25) - 546 plays
- Goldies Place - (5:02) - 525 plays
- Only My Soul - (4:38) - 722 plays