216 Shouts - 2,920,275 Scrobbles
David Byrne (Dumbarton, Scotland, May 14, 1952) was a founding member and principal songwriter of the American New Wave band Talking Heads, which was active between 1975 and 1991. Since then, Byrne has released his own solo recordings and worked with various media including film, photography, opera, and non-fiction. He has received Grammy, Oscar, and Golden Globe awards and been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsFor millions of years, in millions of homes
A man loved a woman, a child it was born
It learned how to hurt and it learned how to cry
Like humans do
I'm breathing in, I'm breathing out
- LyricsNow, I'm wakin' at the crack of dawn
To send a little money home from here to the moon
Is risin' like a discotheque
And now my bags are down and packed for traveling
Lookin' at happiness, keepin' my flavor fresh
- LyricsI'm taking back the knowledge
I'm taking back the gentleness
I'm taking back the ritual
I'm giving in to sweetness
Come preacherman, shoot me with your poisoned arrow
- LyricsI love america, her secret's safe with me
And I know her wicked ways
The parts you never see
Oh super-girl, you'll be my super-model
Although you have a reputation
- LyricsWho Disco?
Who Be Bop?
Who's been playing records in his bedroom?
- The Heart's a Lonely Hunter featuring David Byrne - (4:05) - 2,207 plays
- The Revolution - (2:15) - 1,856 plays
- Fuzzy Freaky - (2:47) - 1,607 plays
- U.B. Jesus - (3:49) - 1,872 plays
- Tiny Apocalypse - (4:03) - 1,781 plays