0 Shouts - 68,348 Scrobbles
David Behrman (born Salzburg, Austria, August 16, 1937) is a US composer and the producer of Columbia Records' Music of Our Time series. He was also a founding member of the Sonic Arts Union. He toured with the Merce Cunningham Dance Company and has worked with Ben Neill. He was a part of Robert Ashley's Music with Roots in the Aether interview series. He is known as a minimalist composer.Read More...
His music has often involved interactions between live performers and computers, usually with the computer generating sounds triggered by some aspect of the live performance, usually certain pitches, but sometimes other aspects of the live sound, such as volume in QRSL (as recorded by Maggi Payne on The Extended Flute (CRI807). Many of his significant works, such as On the Other Ocean, Interspecies Small Talk, and others have been released on Lovely Music.
In 1994, he was awarded a grant from the Foundation for Contemporary Arts Grants to Artists Award.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- On The Other Ocean - 22,211 plays
- Leapday Night (Scene 1) - 15,918 plays
- Figure In A Clearing - 3,047 plays
- Leapday Night - Scene 2 - 2,163 plays
- Leapday night, Scene 1 - 2,256 plays
- A Traveller's Dream Journal - Setting A - 1,244 plays
- Interspecies Smalltalk - Part 2 - 1,276 plays
- Leapday Night - Scene 3 - 1,213 plays
- Interspecies Smalltalk - Part 1 - 1,066 plays
- A Traveller's Dream Journal - Setting B - 987 plays