0 Shouts - 64,283 Scrobbles
David Behrman (born Salzburg, Austria, August 16, 1937) is a US composer and the producer of Columbia Records' Music of Our Time series. He was also a founding member of the Sonic Arts Union. He toured with the Merce Cunningham Dance Company and has worked with Ben Neill. He was a part of Robert Ashley's Music with Roots in the Aether interview series. He is known as a minimalist composer.Read More...
His music has often involved interactions between live performers and computers, usually with the computer generating sounds triggered by some aspect of the live performance, usually certain pitches, but sometimes other aspects of the live sound, such as volume in QRSL (as recorded by Maggi Payne on The Extended Flute (CRI807). Many of his significant works, such as On the Other Ocean, Interspecies Small Talk, and others have been released on Lovely Music.
In 1994, he was awarded a grant from the Foundation for Contemporary Arts Grants to Artists Award.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- On The Other Ocean - 20,454 plays
- Leapday Night (Scene 1) - 15,617 plays
- Figure In A Clearing - 2,878 plays
- Leapday Night - Scene 2 - 2,049 plays
- Leapday night, Scene 1 - 2,252 plays
- A Traveller's Dream Journal - Setting A - 1,210 plays
- Interspecies Smalltalk - Part 2 - 1,236 plays
- Leapday Night - Scene 3 - 1,142 plays
- Interspecies Smalltalk - Part 1 - 1,030 plays
- A Traveller's Dream Journal - Setting B - 959 plays