David "Honeyboy" Edwards
15 Shouts - 50,921 Scrobbles
David "Honeyboy" Edwards (Shaw, Mississippi, June 28, 1915 - Chicago, Illinois, August 29, 2011) was a Delta blues guitarist and singer from the American South. Honeyboy Edwards was the oldest living Delta blues player, and continued to tour at the age of 95. Edwards received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award on January 31, 2010, his second Grammy. Edwards was born in Shaw, Mississippi. He was a friend to the musician Robert Johnson and claims he was present on the fateful night Johnson drank the poisoned whiskey that took his life.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Crossroads - (6:46) - 357 plays
- Catfish Blues - (2:57) - 165 plays
- Sweet Home Chicago - (3:09) - 127 plays
- Big Fat Mama - (2:59) - 63 plays
- How Long - (4:07) - 42 plays
- My Baby's Gone - (2:38) - 54 plays
- Bumble Bee - (2:31) - 49 plays
- Wind Howlin' Blues - (3:14) - 48 plays
- Ride With Me Tonight - (3:33) - 41 plays
- Pony Blues - (2:52) - 45 plays