David "Honeyboy" Edwards
15 Shouts - 48,855 Scrobbles
David "Honeyboy" Edwards (Shaw, Mississippi, June 28, 1915 - Chicago, Illinois, August 29, 2011) was a Delta blues guitarist and singer from the American South. Honeyboy Edwards was the oldest living Delta blues player, and continued to tour at the age of 95. Edwards received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award on January 31, 2010, his second Grammy. Edwards was born in Shaw, Mississippi. He was a friend to the musician Robert Johnson and claims he was present on the fateful night Johnson drank the poisoned whiskey that took his life.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Crossroads - (6:46) - 360 plays
- Catfish Blues - (2:57) - 128 plays
- Sweet Home Chicago - (3:09) - 104 plays
- Big Fat Mama - (2:59) - 63 plays
- How Long - (4:07) - 51 plays
- Gamblin' Man - (4:08) - 44 plays
- Pony Blues - (2:52) - 33 plays
- The Army Blues - (4:01) - 33 plays
- Drop Down Mama - (4:02) - 41 plays
- Wind Howlin' Blues - (3:14) - 33 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online