David "Honeyboy" Edwards
15 Shouts - 42,784 Scrobbles
David "Honeyboy" Edwards (Shaw, Mississippi, June 28, 1915 - Chicago, Illinois, August 29, 2011) was a Delta blues guitarist and singer from the American South. Honeyboy Edwards was the oldest living Delta blues player, and continued to tour at the age of 95. Edwards received a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award on January 31, 2010, his second Grammy. Edwards was born in Shaw, Mississippi. He was a friend to the musician Robert Johnson and claims he was present on the fateful night Johnson drank the poisoned whiskey that took his life.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Crossroads - (6:46) - 156 plays
- Catfish Blues - (2:57) - 202 plays
- Big Fat Mama - (2:59) - 84 plays
- Pony Blues - (2:52) - 57 plays
- Sweet Home Chicago / Dust my Broom (medley) - (3:31) - 52 plays
- Sweet Home Chicago - (3:09) - 83 plays
- Wind Howlin' Blues - (3:14) - 48 plays
- Worried Life Blues - (3:00) - 48 plays
- The Army Blues - (4:01) - 44 plays
- Further Up on the Road - (4:48) - 43 plays