104 Shouts - 301,037 Scrobbles
There are moments of genuine noise and terror on singer-songwriter Daughn Gibson's debut solo LP, All Hell, but not of the devil's-horns kind. Instead, the 31-year-old Carlisle, Pennsylvania, resident fashions ghostly, haunting country-ish ballads out of Christian gospel samples and looping audio software while his rich baritone narrates small-town tragedy.
Gibson's affinity for country music-- as well as the genre's cherished storytelling tradition-- began when he started driving trucks for a living nearly a decade ago.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsHer Father was on another episode
Three years apart,
He got in the same police car
It tears her apart, just to watch him go
While inner circle made the groave
- LyricsI wasn't me
I'm not the same guy
You got it wrong
Someone else make you cry
What do you mean?
- LyricsI met a Lot of bad guys
Along the way
They made their's momma's sad
They'd cry all night and day
I met a Lot of bad guys
- Lookin' Back on '99 - (3:25) - 10,004 plays
- A Young Girl's World - (2:33) - 8,820 plays
- Rain on a Highway - (2:59) - 8,524 plays
- Ray - (2:30) - 7,951 plays
- The Day You Were Born - (2:49) - 6,678 plays
- Dandelions - (2:46) - 6,610 plays
- All Hell - (3:52) - 5,874 plays