130 Shouts - 506,086 Scrobbles
There are moments of genuine noise and terror on singer-songwriter Daughn Gibson's debut solo LP, All Hell, but not of the devil's-horns kind. Instead, the 31-year-old Carlisle, Pennsylvania, resident fashions ghostly, haunting country-ish ballads out of Christian gospel samples and looping audio software while his rich baritone narrates small-town tragedy.
Gibson's affinity for country music-- as well as the genre's cherished storytelling tradition-- began when he started driving trucks for a living nearly a decade ago.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Sound of Law - (2:55) - 18,569 plays
- Phantom Rider - (4:22) - 15,255 plays
- LyricsI wasn't me
I'm not the same guy
You got it wrong
Someone else make you cry
What do you mean?
- LyricsHer Father was on another episode
Three years apart,
He got in the same police car
It tears her apart, just to watch him go
While inner circle made the groave
- Mad Ocean - (3:34) - 12,770 plays
- You Don't Fade - (3:22) - 12,645 plays
- The Pisgee Nest - (4:08) - 12,493 plays
- Franco - (5:06) - 10,508 plays
- Kissin on the Blacktop - (3:45) - 9,421 plays
- Won't You Climb - (3:49) - 10,201 plays