139 Shouts - 600,872 Scrobbles
There are moments of genuine noise and terror on singer-songwriter Daughn Gibson's debut solo LP, All Hell, but not of the devil's-horns kind. Instead, the 31-year-old Carlisle, Pennsylvania, resident fashions ghostly, haunting country-ish ballads out of Christian gospel samples and looping audio software while his rich baritone narrates small-town tragedy.
Gibson's affinity for country music-- as well as the genre's cherished storytelling tradition-- began when he started driving trucks for a living nearly a decade ago.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tiffany Lou - (4:36) - 5,301 plays
- In the Beginning - (3:32) - 5,140 plays
- The Sound of Law - (2:55) - 3,403 plays
- Phantom Rider - (4:22) - 3,391 plays
- Lookin' Back on '99 - (3:25) - 3,112 plays
- Bad Guys - (1:57) - 2,589 plays
- Mad Ocean - (3:34) - 2,338 plays
- A Young Girl's World - (2:33) - 2,450 plays
- The Pisgee Nest - (4:08) - 2,555 plays
- You Don't Fade - (3:22) - 2,822 plays