139 Shouts - 588,435 Scrobbles
There are moments of genuine noise and terror on singer-songwriter Daughn Gibson's debut solo LP, All Hell, but not of the devil's-horns kind. Instead, the 31-year-old Carlisle, Pennsylvania, resident fashions ghostly, haunting country-ish ballads out of Christian gospel samples and looping audio software while his rich baritone narrates small-town tragedy.
Gibson's affinity for country music-- as well as the genre's cherished storytelling tradition-- began when he started driving trucks for a living nearly a decade ago.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tiffany Lou - (4:36) - 5,727 plays
- In the Beginning - (3:32) - 5,610 plays
- The Sound of Law - (2:55) - 4,407 plays
- Phantom Rider - (4:22) - 4,217 plays
- Bad Guys - (1:57) - 3,050 plays
- Lookin' Back on '99 - (3:25) - 3,311 plays
- Mad Ocean - (3:34) - 2,981 plays
- You Don't Fade - (3:22) - 3,601 plays
- The Pisgee Nest - (4:08) - 3,185 plays
- A Young Girl's World - (2:33) - 2,866 plays