135 Shouts - 549,492 Scrobbles
There are moments of genuine noise and terror on singer-songwriter Daughn Gibson's debut solo LP, All Hell, but not of the devil's-horns kind. Instead, the 31-year-old Carlisle, Pennsylvania, resident fashions ghostly, haunting country-ish ballads out of Christian gospel samples and looping audio software while his rich baritone narrates small-town tragedy.
Gibson's affinity for country music-- as well as the genre's cherished storytelling tradition-- began when he started driving trucks for a living nearly a decade ago.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- In the Beginning - (3:32) - 7,781 plays
- The Sound of Law - (2:55) - 8,451 plays
- Tiffany Lou - (4:36) - 7,424 plays
- Phantom Rider - (4:22) - 7,966 plays
- Mad Ocean - (3:34) - 6,162 plays
- The Pisgee Nest - (4:08) - 6,081 plays
- You Don't Fade - (3:22) - 6,198 plays
- Bad Guys - (1:57) - 4,148 plays
- Lookin' Back on '99 - (3:25) - 4,661 plays
- Franco - (5:06) - 4,727 plays