25 Shouts - 628,670 Scrobbles
His mother played songs by Frank Sinatra to him as a child, and he later became a fan of Motown and other R&B/soul music. He took piano lessons as a child, but he did not like them. He would skip the lessons and ride his bicycle across the bridge from his grandfather's farm over to the heart of the black "Chicken Hill" ghetto, where he could just listen and absorb the music. In the 1960s, Hall attended Temple University, but did not graduate, preferring instead to spend his time singing on the street corners and play with various musicians and groups.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsEverybody's high on consolation
Everybody's trying to tell me what's right for me
My daddy tried to bore me with a sermon
But it's plain to see that they can't comfort me
Sorry Charlie for the imposition
- LyricsI saw you standing and I felt your rage
Like a dark cloud on a crowded stage
You were talking through the smoke in your fantasy
I know you girl I know what to believe
Maybe things ain't been so good at home
- Lyrics(daryl hall)
The farther away I am,
The farther away I am
Is it just a cloud passing under
I don't want to lose you.......
- I'm Just A Kid (Don't Make Me Feel Like A Man) - (3:21) - 339 plays
- Out Of Touch - (4:39) - 423 plays
- Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid - (5:25) - 309 plays
- Something In 4/4 Time - (4:21) - 327 plays
- Maneater - (4:59) - 386 plays
- Sacred Songs - (3:17) - 310 plays
- Urban Landscape - (2:23) - 254 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online