0 Shouts - 629,254 Scrobbles
His mother played songs by Frank Sinatra to him as a child, and he later became a fan of Motown and other R&B/soul music. He took piano lessons as a child, but he did not like them. He would skip the lessons and ride his bicycle across the bridge from his grandfather's farm over to the heart of the black "Chicken Hill" ghetto, where he could just listen and absorb the music.Read More...
In the 1960s, Hall attended Temple University, but did not graduate, preferring instead to spend his time singing on the street corners and play with various musicians and groups. At that time, Daryl Hohl (as he was called then) sang backup for different bands. He eventually changed his last name to Hall. Daryl Hall idolized the Temptations and began to perform session work as a singer. He first met John Oates at a band competition.
After John transferred to a different school, Daryl joined the band Gulliver, which released one eponymous album in 1969 before being dropped from their label.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsShe'll only come out at night, the lean and hungry type
Nothing is new, I've seen her here before
Watching and waiting, ooh, she's sittin' with you
But her eyes are on the door
So many have paid to see, what you think you're gettin' for free
- Out Of Touch - 40,297 plays
- You Make My Dreams - 26,448 plays
- Rich Girl - Remastered 2003 - 26,380 plays
- I Can't Go For That (No Can Do) - 19,368 plays
- Rich Girl - 20,799 plays
- Maneater - Remastered 2003 - 15,550 plays
- She's Gone - 17,553 plays
- Dreamtime - 19,922 plays
- Stop Loving Me, Stop Loving You - 13,239 plays