45 Shouts - 53,112 Scrobbles
DARKEST ERA formed under the name Nemesis in mid 2005. They wrote their first song, 'Battle of Cul Dreimne' at their first full practice. The song had an unintentional Celtic leaning which was to permeate the band's writing from then on. Originally taking influence from early Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy and Irish folk music, their self titled demo, Nemesis, was released in mid 2006. A collection of raw, energetic and twin guitar driven songs, it began to bring the band to the attention of the European true metal underground.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sorrow's Boundless Realm - (6:03) - 1,094 plays
- Songs Of Gods And Men - (5:16) - 967 plays
- The Serpent and the Shadow - (4:51) - 906 plays
- Beyond The Grey Veil - (6:00) - 874 plays
- Trapped in the Hourglass - (5:23) - 806 plays
- The Scavenger - (4:35) - 732 plays
- A Thousand Screaming Souls - (5:02) - 700 plays
- The Morrigan - (5:56) - 693 plays
- Blood, Sand And Stone - (8:08) - 665 plays
- An Ancient Fire Burns - (6:02) - 594 plays