46 Shouts - 64,095 Scrobbles
DARKEST ERA formed under the name Nemesis in mid 2005. They wrote their first song, 'Battle of Cul Dreimne' at their first full practice. The song had an unintentional Celtic leaning which was to permeate the band's writing from then on. Originally taking influence from early Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy and Irish folk music, their self titled demo, Nemesis, was released in mid 2006. A collection of raw, energetic and twin guitar driven songs, it began to bring the band to the attention of the European true metal underground.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sorrow's Boundless Realm - (6:03) - 1,680 plays
- Songs Of Gods And Men - (5:16) - 1,570 plays
- The Serpent and the Shadow - (4:51) - 1,651 plays
- Beyond The Grey Veil - (6:00) - 1,460 plays
- Trapped in the Hourglass - (5:23) - 1,248 plays
- The Scavenger - (4:35) - 1,242 plays
- A Thousand Screaming Souls - (5:02) - 1,146 plays
- Blood, Sand And Stone - (8:08) - 1,048 plays
- The Morrigan - (5:56) - 731 plays
- An Ancient Fire Burns - (6:02) - 458 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online