6 Shouts - 9,471 Scrobbles
Dare Dukes’ music is a striking combination of incisive intelligence and sweet, doleful hooks. Looking past the shiny surfaces of American life, the Savannah, GA-based singer-songwriter chronicles the everyday world, mining the margins for the eccentric characters and bizarre events that are at the heart of his music. Born and raised in the exurb of San Jose, California, Dare grew up as the state blossomed into what he calls, “exit-ramp culture”—a maze of smoked-glass franchises and cookie-cutter subdivisions that took root along the vast network of interstate freeways.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Meet You at the Bus - (4:29) - 254 plays
- Lament of the Subway Rider - (5:24) - 63 plays
- Old West Broad - (5:27) - 57 plays
- Thugs and China Dolls - (4:13) - 53 plays
- These Inglorious Displays - (4:45) - 57 plays
- Simon Says - (5:25) - 38 plays
- Crooked Mouth - (3:11) - 37 plays
- Jim Eggers' Parrot - (4:04) - 35 plays
- Bakersfield - (4:34) - 11 plays
- When the Sky Breaks - (3:47) - 10 plays