91 Shouts - 2,685,895 Scrobbles
American singer-songwriter Dar Williams lives at the intersection of pop and folk. She fuses many genres (blues, rock, jazz), resulting in a rather organic sound. She has been making music for over a decade. Her studio album My Better Self finds Dar at an unequivocally brazen crossroads. Reflecting on American politics, the disillusionment and apathy of youth, and the female experience, Dar makes no apology for her outspoken beliefs.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsAnd you know the light is fading all too soon
You're just two umbrellas one late afternoon
You don't know the next thing you will say
This is your favorite kind of day
It has no walls, the beauty of the rain
- LyricsThe summer child is running, the summer child is running again.
The summer child is running, the summer child is running again
When you hear the feet and the sound of laughter,
Better step aside for the mayhem after
Here she comes, yeah the summer child is running again.
- LyricsYeah, there was a time I didn't like the love, I liked the climbers
I was no sister then, I was running out of time and one liners
And I was afraid like you are when you're too young to know the time
And so I watched the way, you take your fear and hoard the horizon
You point you have a word for every woman you can lay your eyes on
- LyricsYou go ahead, push you luck
Find out how much love the world can hold
Once upon a time I had control
And reigned my soul in tight
Well the whole truth, it's like the story of a wave unfurled
- LyricsI wont forget when Peter Pan
Came to my house, took my hand
I said, "I was a boy"
Im glad he didnt check
I learned to fly, I learned to fight
- Are You Out There - (3:05) - 1,068 plays
- I Am The One Who Will Remember Everything - (3:33) - 1,126 plays
- Comfortably Numb - (5:27) - 1,114 plays
- February - (3:57) - 872 plays
- Iowa - (5:31) - 911 plays