3 Shouts - 6,156 Scrobbles
Born Teignmouth, England, 4th April 1939. Danny Thompson is an English double bass player perhaps best known for his work with the English folk rock group Pentangle and his longstanding partnership with John Martyn, Primarily a jazz player, his earliest recordings were made with bluesman Alexis Korner. As well as Pentangle and Martyn, Thompson worked with other eclectic folkies such as Davy Graham, Nick Drake abd The Incredible String Band as well as the South African jazz pianist Chris McGregor, while his numerous session credits included Cliff Richard's Congratulations'.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- One Of These Things First - (5:11) - 42 plays
- Dargai - (6:00) - 23 plays
- Beanpole - (4:10) - 13 plays
- Searchin' - (4:51) - 17 plays
- Women In War - (8:00) - 24 plays
- Hopdance - (4:57) - 13 plays
- One Of These Things First (Instrumental) - (5:11) - 11 plays
- Makin It Feel so Right - (3:01) - 6 plays
- Idle Monday - (4:15) - 9 plays
- Musing Mingus - (11:35) - 11 plays