12 Shouts - 152,465 Scrobbles
Danny Schmidt (born 7 October 1970) is an American singer-songwriter based in Austin, Texas, where he was born and raised. He now lives there with fellow musician and singer-songwriter Carrie Elkin. In 2007 he won the Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk award. Schmidt started playing guitar at the age of 12. At age 20, he discovered he liked the blues after tracking the music of Jimi Hendrix back through Muddy Waters, Mississippi John Hurt, and Lightning Hopkins all the way to old country gospel and spirituals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- This Too Shall Pass - (4:18) - 3,922 plays
- Stained Glass - (6:38) - 410 plays
- Swing Me Down - (3:55) - 187 plays
- Buckets of Rain - (4:52) - 190 plays
- Dark-Eyed Prince - (4:18) - 236 plays
- Neil Young - (4:28) - 213 plays
- Houses Sing - (4:16) - 202 plays
- Firestorm - (3:46) - 176 plays
- This to Shall Pass - (4:19) - 157 plays
- Happy All The Time - (4:38) - 224 plays