12 Shouts - 148,545 Scrobbles
Danny Schmidt (born 7 October 1970) is an American singer-songwriter based in Austin, Texas, where he was born and raised. He now lives there with fellow musician and singer-songwriter Carrie Elkin. In 2007 he won the Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk award. Schmidt started playing guitar at the age of 12. At age 20, he discovered he liked the blues after tracking the music of Jimi Hendrix back through Muddy Waters, Mississippi John Hurt, and Lightning Hopkins all the way to old country gospel and spirituals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- This Too Shall Pass - (4:18) - 4,359 plays
- Stained Glass - (6:38) - 323 plays
- Dark-Eyed Prince - (4:18) - 234 plays
- Buckets of Rain - (4:52) - 165 plays
- Swing Me Down - (3:55) - 174 plays
- Neil Young - (4:28) - 152 plays
- This to Shall Pass - (4:19) - 159 plays
- Houses Sing - (4:16) - 137 plays
- Firestorm - (3:46) - 149 plays
- Happy All The Time - (4:38) - 161 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online