11 Shouts - 111,758 Scrobbles
Danny Schmidt (born 7 October 1970) is an American singer-songwriter based in Austin, Texas, where he was born and raised. He now lives there with fellow musician and singer-songwriter Carrie Elkin. In 2007 he won the Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk award. Schmidt started playing guitar at the age of 12. At age 20, he discovered he liked the blues after tracking the music of Jimi Hendrix back through Muddy Waters, Mississippi John Hurt, and Lightning Hopkins all the way to old country gospel and spirituals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- This Too Shall Pass - (4:18) - 539 plays
- Stained Glass - (6:38) - 344 plays
- Company of Friends - (3:46) - 233 plays
- This to Shall Pass - (4:19) - 202 plays
- Leaves Are Burning - (4:28) - 207 plays
- Grampa Built Bridges - (3:18) - 184 plays
- Firestorm - (3:46) - 215 plays
- Drawing Board - (3:33) - 174 plays
- Swing Me Down - (3:55) - 317 plays
- Buckets of Rain - (4:52) - 227 plays