12 Shouts - 125,661 Scrobbles
Danny Schmidt (born 7 October 1970) is an American singer-songwriter based in Austin, Texas, where he was born and raised. He now lives there with fellow musician and singer-songwriter Carrie Elkin. In 2007 he won the Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk award. Schmidt started playing guitar at the age of 12. At age 20, he discovered he liked the blues after tracking the music of Jimi Hendrix back through Muddy Waters, Mississippi John Hurt, and Lightning Hopkins all the way to old country gospel and spirituals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- This Too Shall Pass - (4:18) - 4,292 plays
- This to Shall Pass - (4:19) - 733 plays
- Stained Glass - (6:38) - 479 plays
- Swing Me Down - (3:55) - 350 plays
- Leaves Are Burning - (4:28) - 293 plays
- Buckets of Rain - (4:52) - 326 plays
- Company of Friends - (3:46) - 271 plays
- Man of Many Moons - (4:01) - 270 plays
- Dark-Eyed Prince - (4:18) - 329 plays
- Houses Sing - (4:16) - 237 plays