12 Shouts - 143,647 Scrobbles
Danny Schmidt (born 7 October 1970) is an American singer-songwriter based in Austin, Texas, where he was born and raised. He now lives there with fellow musician and singer-songwriter Carrie Elkin. In 2007 he won the Kerrville Folk Festival New Folk award. Schmidt started playing guitar at the age of 12. At age 20, he discovered he liked the blues after tracking the music of Jimi Hendrix back through Muddy Waters, Mississippi John Hurt, and Lightning Hopkins all the way to old country gospel and spirituals.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- This Too Shall Pass - (4:18) - 4,503 plays
- Stained Glass - (6:38) - 325 plays
- Swing Me Down - (3:55) - 262 plays
- Dark-Eyed Prince - (4:18) - 256 plays
- This to Shall Pass - (4:19) - 335 plays
- Buckets of Rain - (4:52) - 210 plays
- Firestorm - (3:46) - 233 plays
- Neil Young - (4:28) - 190 plays
- Man of Many Moons - (4:01) - 139 plays
- Beggars & Mules - (4:16) - 134 plays