1 Shouts - 17,787 Scrobbles
Daniil Borisovich Shafran (January 13, 1923, Saint Petersburg – February 7, 1997, Moscow) was a Russian cellist. His father, Boris Shafran, was the principal cellist of the Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra. His mother was a pianist. He began playing cello at the age of 6 and was taught initially by his pater. Subsequently he continued his studies with professor Alexander Shtrimer (1888 – 1961) in a music school for children at the age of 8.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tchaikovsky - Valse sentimental from 6 Morceaux, Op 19 - 173 plays
- Carnival of the Animals (Zoological Fantasy): The Aquarium - 11 plays
- Cello Sonata in D Minor, Op. 40: II. Moderato con moto - (3:28) - 11 plays
- Sonata for Cello and Piano in G Minor, Op. 19, III. Andante - (5:40) - 13 plays
- Suite No.1, BWV 1007, in G major 2. Allemande - (5:13) - 7 plays
- Sonata for Cello and Piano in D Minor, Op. 40: III. Largo, Pt. 1 - (4:39) - 4 plays
- Suite No.4, BWV 1010, in E flat major 1. Prelude - (4:45) - 6 plays
- Suite No.2, BWV 1008, in D minor 2. Allemande - (4:26) - 4 plays
- Suite No.1, BWV 1007, in G major 1. Prelude - (2:34) - 9 plays
- Suite For Cello Solo No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1008, Allemande - (3:07) - 3 plays