1 Shouts - 14,579 Scrobbles
Daniil Borisovich Shafran (January 13, 1923, Saint Petersburg – February 7, 1997, Moscow) was a Russian cellist. His father, Boris Shafran, was the principal cellist of the Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra. His mother was a pianist. He began playing cello at the age of 6 and was taught initially by his pater. Subsequently he continued his studies with professor Alexander Shtrimer (1888 – 1961) in a music school for children at the age of 8.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Sinfonia Concertante Op. 125: III. Andante con moto - (9:16) - 47 plays
- Five Pieces on Folk Themes: III. Sachidao - (2:33) - 16 plays
- Five Pieces on Folk Themes: I. Arobnaya - (5:19) - 10 plays
- iii Andante - (5:40) - 5 plays
- I Lento - Allegro moderato - (13:03) - 5 plays
- Suite For Cello Solo No. 3 in C Major, BWV 1009, Prelude - (4:14) - 4 plays
- I Allegro molto ma maestoso - (4:00) - 4 plays
- Suite for Cello Solo No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1008, III. Courante - (1:31) - 3 plays
- Suite for Cello Solo No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1008, VI. Gigue - (1:49) - 3 plays
- Chopin: Sonata for Cello and Piano in g minor Op.65, lll. Largo (Anton Ginsburg, piano) - (4:23) - 4 plays