1 Shouts - 16,967 Scrobbles
Daniil Borisovich Shafran (January 13, 1923, Saint Petersburg – February 7, 1997, Moscow) was a Russian cellist. His father, Boris Shafran, was the principal cellist of the Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra. His mother was a pianist. He began playing cello at the age of 6 and was taught initially by his pater. Subsequently he continued his studies with professor Alexander Shtrimer (1888 – 1961) in a music school for children at the age of 8.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Tchaikovsky - Valse sentimental from 6 Morceaux, Op 19 - 7 plays
- I Allegro molto ma maestoso - (4:00) - 5 plays
- III Allegro molto energico - (3:48) - 5 plays
- II Adagio molto espressivo - (6:55) - 5 plays
- Sonata for Cello and Piano in D Minor, Op. 40: IV. Allegretto - (4:04) - 5 plays
- Sonata for Cello and Piano in D Minor, Op. 40: IV. Allegro - (4:17) - 4 plays
- Suite for Cello Solo No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1008, I. Prelude - (4:01) - 5 plays
- Debussy: Sonata For Cello And Piano In D Minor: 1. Lento (Anton Ginsburg, piano) - (4:13) - 6 plays
- Sonata for Cello and Piano in D Minor, Op. 40: III. Largo - (8:55) - 4 plays
- Debussy: Sonata For Cello And Piano In D Minor: 3. Final (Anton Ginsburg, piano) - (3:12) - 6 plays