1 Shouts - 15,217 Scrobbles
Daniil Borisovich Shafran (January 13, 1923, Saint Petersburg – February 7, 1997, Moscow) was a Russian cellist. His father, Boris Shafran, was the principal cellist of the Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra. His mother was a pianist. He began playing cello at the age of 6 and was taught initially by his pater. Subsequently he continued his studies with professor Alexander Shtrimer (1888 – 1961) in a music school for children at the age of 8.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- II Adagio molto espressivo - (6:55) - 17 plays
- I Allegro molto ma maestoso - (4:00) - 12 plays
- III Allegro molto energico - (3:48) - 11 plays
- Sinfonia Concertante Op. 125: III. Andante con moto - (9:16) - 41 plays
- Sinfonia Concertante Op. 125: III. Andante con moto - (9:16) - 9 plays
- Five Pieces on Folk Themes: I. Arobnaya - (5:19) - 8 plays
- Five Pieces on Folk Themes: III. Sachidao - (2:33) - 5 plays
- Suite No.5, BWV 1011, in C minor 1. Prelude - (8:02) - 3 plays
- Suite No.2, BWV 1008, in D minor 2. Allemande - (4:26) - 4 plays
- Fantasiestücke, Op. 73: I. Zart und mit Ausdruck - (3:30) - 3 plays