0 Shouts - 1,111,619 Scrobbles
Dangerous Muse are an American electropop duo based in New York. The duo comprises vocalist Mike Furey and keyboardist/programmer Tom Napack, often depicted using a keytar. Though the pair identify as gay, they wish to portray a new all-inclusive "ambisexual" dimension (though not bisexual).Read More...
The duo originally met in 2003 through a mutual friend during the production of The Who's Tommy at Fordham University in New York. Furey had the idea to write a song about a girl who liked him. This marked the beginnings of Dangerous Muse with their first single, The Rejection. A rough version was recorded in May of 2004 at Napack's dormitory and Furey saved the song on his iPod. Through a chance encounter, Furey met Seymour Stein, the founder of Sire Records, and had him listen to the song (October, 2004). After listening, Stein offered Dangerous Muse a demo recording deal, which they accepted in November of that year. The following month, producer Ted Ottaviano of Book of Love helped Dangerous Muse produce three tracks.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Rejection - 176,208 plays
- I Want It All - 150,853 plays
- Give Me Danger - 148,351 plays
- Apart - 84,219 plays
- The Rejection (Eric Kupper Radio Edit) - 35,246 plays
- Break Up - 70,863 plays
- The Rejection (Blazing Lazer Reject Disco Mix) - 28,367 plays
- In This Town - 58,154 plays
- The Rejection (Robbie D's Dance Jerk Mix) - 24,728 plays
- All Yours (The Doctor) - 50,191 plays