18 Shouts - 79,774 Scrobbles
Dana Falconberry suffuses the majesty of nature in the orchestral pop-folk she elegantly crafts in Leelanau, her inaugural release for Oakland' Antenna Farm Records. Citing influences ranging from the prints of artist Gwen Frostic, the books of Willa Cather, and the stark, childs-eye beauty of the Swedish film Let The Right One In, Falconberry finds lyrical inspiration in her idyllic childhood retreats to the Great Lakes State’s Leelanau peninsula. The result is a set of eloquent verse reflecting upon the region to which she has returned almost every summer since she was born.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lake Charlevoix - (2:30) - 1,299 plays
- Petoskey Stone - (5:13) - 924 plays
- Crooked River - (3:48) - 636 plays
- Birch Bark - (3:20) - 552 plays
- Please Sparrow - (3:12) - 475 plays
- Copperleaf - (3:26) - 346 plays
- Sleeping Bear - (1:48) - 408 plays
- Maple Leaf Red - (3:01) - 325 plays
- Sturgeon Bay - (0:44) - 293 plays
- Sault Ste Marie - (1:02) - 283 plays