Damon Albarn & Michael Nyman
0 Shouts - 167,363 Scrobbles
Ravenous is the score for the film of the same name. It was written and performed by Damon Albarn and Michael Nyman (by agreement, Albarn credited first on the album and Nyman credited first on the film credits). The score was actually not a collaboration, according to Nyman: "Ravenous was a joint composition in the sense that Damon Albarn composed 60% of the tracks, and I did the rest." It features Nyman's first writing for banjo since his 1981 self-titled album.Read More...
The tracks known to be composed/arranged by Nyman include:
* Hail Columbia & Noises Off (actually pre-existing arrangements) and Welcome To Fort Spencer. These were written for and performed by Foster's Social Orchestra, a group of non-musician artists Nyman assembled under the inspiration of the Portsmouth Sinfonia.
* Cannibal Fantasy (on the Ravenous DVD commentary, Albarn attributes Cannibal Fantasy to Nyman).
In addition, the tracks most recognizably in Nyman's (more classical) idiom include:
* The "Ives" tracks (i.e. Stranger At The Window, Ives Returns, and A Game Of Two Shoulders).
* Trek To The Cave.
* Ives Torments Boyd And Kills Knox.
While the only tracks clearly known to be composed by Albarn are "Boyd's Journey" and "Colqhoun's Story" (confirmed on the aforementioned DVD commentary), the following tracks share similar rhythmic and electronic characteristics, based upon looped samples and distortions:
* He Was Licking Me
* Let's Go Kill That Bastard
* The Pit
* Martha And The Horses
* Manifest Destiny
In addition, the long track, "The Cave," features many characteristics of Albarn's other tracks while also sampling a sting from Nyman's rejected score to the film Practical Magic. The End Credits track features alternate recordings of Boyd's Journey (Albarn) and Cannibal Fantasy (Nyman).
1. Hail Columbia
2. Boyd's Journey
3. Welcome To Fort Spencer
4. Noises Off
5. Stranger At The Window
6. Colquhoun's Story
7. Weendigo Myth
8. Trek To The cave
9. 'He Was Licking Me'
10. The Cave
12. 'Let's Go Kill That Bastard'
13. 'The Pit'
14. Ives Teturns
15. Cannibal Fantasy
16. A Game Of Two Shoulders
18. Martha And The Horses
19. Ives Torments Boyd And Kills Knox
20. Manifest Destiny
22. End Titles
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Boyd's Journey - 12,988 plays
- Stranger At The Window - 6,322 plays
- Hail Columbia - 6,095 plays
- Colquhoun's Story - 7,780 plays
- End Titles - 8,168 plays
- Trek To The Cave - 6,247 plays
- The Cave - 5,754 plays
- A Game Of Two Shoulders - 4,922 plays
- "He Was Licking Me" - 4,924 plays
- Weendigo Myth - 4,640 plays