129 Shouts - 527,347 Scrobbles
A Brief History of Dakota
by: Rick Manwiller, Dakota Keyboardist and Unofficial Historian
The strange saga of Dakota begins WAY back in the early 70's in Northeast Pa., with a band called The Buoys and a million-selling single called Timothy. The song, written by Rupert Holmes (The Pina Colada Song), was supposedly about the local Sheppton mine disaster, during which cannibalism was rumored to have occurred.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Runaway - (7:23) - 1,850 plays
- Chinook (Uplifting Mix) - (3:00) - 591 plays
- Chinook - (4:18) - 617 plays
- Terrace 5 a.m. [Markus Schulz presents Dakota] [Mix Cut] - Album Mix - (2:53) - 412 plays
- Sin City - (5:52) - 476 plays
- Sin City (Rex Mundi Remix) - (5:15) - 398 plays
- Sinners - (1:07) - 562 plays
- Koolhaus - (7:23) - 401 plays
- Johnny The Fox (Barnes & Heatcliff Remix) - (3:19) - 386 plays
- Chinook (Original Mix) - (3:00) - 300 plays