222 Shouts - 815,314 Scrobbles
Daemonia Nymphe (Δαιμόνια Νύμφη) is a greek folk band established in Athens, Greece in 1994 by Spyros Giasafakis and Evi Stergiou. The band's music is modeled after ancient greek music and is often categorized as ethereal, neoclassical darkwave, neofolk or gothic.
Daemonia Nymphe uses authentic instruments, including lyra, varvitos, krotala, pandoura and double flute, which are made by the Greek master Nicholas Brass. Their shows are very theatrical, with members wearing masks and ancient dress. Their lyrics are drawn from Orphic and Omeric hymns and Sappho's poems for Zeus and Hekate.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Daemonos - (2:44) - 5,052 plays
- Dance of the Satyrs - (4:06) - 4,031 plays
- Message Horn's Enchanting Echo - (2:17) - 2,860 plays
- Summoning Divine Selene - (3:20) - 2,487 plays
- Nocturnal Hekate - (3:20) - 2,940 plays
- Hymn to Bacchus - (7:26) - 2,236 plays
- Ida's Dactyls - (4:04) - 2,283 plays
- Esodos - (1:52) - 2,600 plays
- Mouson - (3:53) - 2,233 plays
- Hades - (2:23) - 2,680 plays