201 Shouts - 672,925 Scrobbles
Daemonia Nymphe (Δαιμόνια Νύμφη) is a greek folk band established in Athens in 1994 by Spyros Giasafaki and Evi Stergiou. The band's music is modeled after ancient greek music and is often categorized as ethereal, neoclassical, neofolk or gothic.
Daemonia Nymphe uses authentic instruments, including lyra, varvitos, krotala, pandoura and double flute, which are made by the Greek master Nicholas Brass. Their shows are very theatrical, with members wearing masks and ancient dress. Their lyrics are drawn from Orphic and Omeric hymns and Sappho's poems for Zeus and Hekate.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dance of the Satyrs - (4:06) - 4,832 plays
- Daemonos - (2:44) - 4,911 plays
- Message Horn's Enchanting Echo - (2:17) - 3,451 plays
- Summoning Divine Selene - (3:20) - 3,335 plays
- Ida's Dactyls - (4:04) - 2,960 plays
- Invoking Pan - (6:41) - 2,754 plays
- Esodos - (1:52) - 3,000 plays
- Nymphs of the Seagod Nereus - (4:50) - 2,761 plays
- Hymn to Bacchus - (7:26) - 2,854 plays
- Mouson - (3:53) - 2,527 plays