215 Shouts - 757,953 Scrobbles
Daemonia Nymphe (Δαιμόνια Νύμφη) is a greek folk band established in Athens, Greece in 1994 by Spyros Giasafakis and Evi Stergiou. The band's music is modeled after ancient greek music and is often categorized as ethereal, neoclassical, neofolk or gothic.
Daemonia Nymphe uses authentic instruments, including lyra, varvitos, krotala, pandoura and double flute, which are made by the Greek master Nicholas Brass. Their shows are very theatrical, with members wearing masks and ancient dress. Their lyrics are drawn from Orphic and Omeric hymns and Sappho's poems for Zeus and Hekate.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Dance of the Satyrs - (4:06) - 3,934 plays
- Daemonos - (2:44) - 4,760 plays
- Message Horn's Enchanting Echo - (2:17) - 3,205 plays
- Summoning Divine Selene - (3:20) - 2,476 plays
- Ida's Dactyls - (4:04) - 2,199 plays
- Hymn to Bacchus - (7:26) - 2,270 plays
- Hades - (2:23) - 3,075 plays
- Esodos - (1:52) - 2,584 plays
- Nymphs of the Seagod Nereus - (4:50) - 2,020 plays
- Invoking Pan - (6:41) - 1,999 plays