380 Shouts - 6,158,587 Scrobbles
DIIV (previously known as Dive - named after the Nirvana song) is the ongoing project of Zachary Cole Smith, who has already made a name for himself in the New York music scene playing for bands such as Beach Fossils, Darwin Deez and Soft Black. Smith formed DIIV in Brooklyn in 2011 as his solo project, but soon put together a live band with Devin Ruben Perez, his childhood friend Andrew Bailey, and ex-Smith Westerns drummer Colby Hewitt.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI was your home and you locked yourself outside and ran with your ghosts back to a place you’d already known.
Nowhere to crawl but to your past life and hid from it all a buried flower convinced you’ll grow kept enough to remind but stayed outside
With nowhere to go.
You left nowhere to go.
- LyricsNever had you run so far but you really gotta get let it drop into the ocean now the water’s running through it now you’ve gone so far you really had to get away you know it in your lifetime running to it acting like you never thought you’d go so far but now you’re really gone and it’s been so long I never really think about it yeah you made a beating heart whatever now that amber lights has faded and its yours to commit to it act like it stops and starts a gesture here and there for me is one thing but I felt it every time you blew it now you’ve gone too far your urge to run away is back and we all know
- LyricsSunrise waiting I knew myself completely then nothing love though it hasn’t said but youth light fading.
I know myself as I was then birds sounding each shorter day in
Sun tries vainly to stay lit for another day melts into darkness static state til young light waves in drink the heat and climb and twist fawn looking for a friend to kiss.
- LyricsChoke-clean cold to cool my thoughts away
Choke-clean cold to cool my thoughts away from you
- How Long Have You Known - (3:33) - 102,303 plays
- Wait - (3:15) - 98,707 plays
- Follow - (2:45) - 102,538 plays
- Earthboy - (3:16) - 88,572 plays
- Sometime - (3:05) - 93,556 plays