0 Shouts - 6,377 Scrobbles
Longlisted for the '2013 UK Music Blog Zeitgeist' and 'Blog Sound of 2013'. Roberta Fidora & Macaulay Hopwood are a decorative set of bones, channelling the ghosts of discotheques past. Dramatic, chilling and emotional is the electronic noir sound from Curxes (pronounced ‘Curses’). Minor keys and chromatic chord structures dominate as Roberta Fidora's haunting, powerful vocals melt over stabbing synths and a stark percussive framework, laced with Macaulay Hopwood's nouvelle vague bass and six string sensibilities.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Spectre - (3:23) - 826 plays
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - (2:52) - 373 plays
- Haunted Gold - (3:13) - 404 plays
- The Constructor - (3:38) - 391 plays
- Creatures - (3:33) - 247 plays
- Further Still - (3:31) - 179 plays
- Spectre (Strangers Remix) - 171 plays
- Jaws - (2:52) - 136 plays
- FURTHER STILL (FREE DOWNLOAD) - (0:05) - 25 plays
- Spectre (rudi's down mix) - 32 plays