107 Shouts - 3,990,899 Scrobbles
The Cowboy Junkies is a Canadian alt-country band formed by three siblings from the Timmins entertainment family (Margo Timmins, vocals; Michael Timmins, songwriter & guitars; Peter Timmins, drums) plus Alan Anton on bass. The group formed in Toronto in 1986. The band's name was simply a random choice as they approached their first ever gig, but it has come to perfectly represent their sound. (Some sources may credit Townes Van Zandt's song "Cowboy Junkies Lament" as the source of the band's name...
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Lyrics"Sweet Jane"
Standing on the corner, suitcase in my hand,
Jack is in his corset, and Jane is in her vest, and, me,
- LyricsI only want to say
That if there is a way
I want my baby back with me
'Cause he's my true love, my only one, don't you see?
And on that fateful day
- LyricsI said "Mama, hes crazy and he scares me
But I want him by my side
Though hes wild and hes bad
And sometimes just plain mad
I need him to keep me satisfied"
- LyricsHear the lonesome whippoorwill
His song's too blue to fly
The midnight train is a-winding low
I'm so lonesome I could cry
I've never seen a night so long
- LyricsWe are miners, hard rock miners
To the shaft house we must go
Pour your bottles on our shoulders
We are marching to the slow
On the line boys, on the line boys
- Sun Comes Up, It's Tuesday Morning - (3:56) - 2,711 plays
- To Love Is To Bury - (5:16) - 2,741 plays
- 200 More Miles - (5:29) - 2,363 plays
- I Don't Get It - (4:34) - 2,158 plays
- Dreaming My Dreams With You - (4:31) - 2,371 plays