17 Shouts - 288,762 Scrobbles
While classified as a jazz musician, Courtney Pine melds a wide variety of influences into his music. The saxophonist and clarinetist has deftly incorporated reggae, electronica, hip-hop, funk and Eastern sounds into his boundary-defying repertoire, working alongside luminaries in each genre.
Pine began performing professionally as a teenager, forming the hard-bop outfit Dwarf Steps. From there he toured and recorded with reggae artists General Saint and Clint Eastwood.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- The Jazzstep - (4:23) - 595 plays
- Children Of The Ghetto - (7:03) - 453 plays
- Sister Soul - (4:19) - 343 plays
- The 37th Chamber - (4:21) - 239 plays
- Bless the Weather - (4:43) - 272 plays
- I've Known Rivers - (3:41) - 221 plays
- Brotherman - (4:06) - 175 plays
- Keep It Real - (3:59) - 165 plays
- Modern Day Jazz - (6:58) - 169 plays
- My Father's Place - (5:04) - 151 plays