54 Shouts - 3,769,348 Scrobbles
William "Count" Basie (August 21, 1904– April 26, 1984) was a jazz pianist, organist, composer, and bandleader. As a pianist, he had a distinctive and influential style (the song title "Splanky" is an onomatopoetic reference to the sound of his playing), equally at home in the barrelhouse and the concert hall. Willie "The Lion" Smith, James P. Johnson, and Fats Waller were among his influences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- One O'Clock Jump - (1:40) - 5,278 plays
- April In Paris - (4:15) - 3,841 plays
- Shake Rattle & Roll - (2:04) - 1,609 plays
- Splanky - Remix; 1994 Remastered Version - (3:36) - 1,727 plays
- Jingle Bells - (2:23) - 1,810 plays
- Splanky - (5:51) - 1,703 plays
- Sleepwalker's Serenade - 1994 - Remaster - (3:39) - 1,551 plays
- The Kid from Red Bank - (3:49) - 1,606 plays
- Flight of the Foo Birds - (3:23) - 1,191 plays