54 Shouts - 3,687,209 Scrobbles
William "Count" Basie (August 21, 1904– April 26, 1984) was a jazz pianist, organist, composer, and bandleader. As a pianist, he had a distinctive and influential style (the song title "Splanky" is an onomatopoetic reference to the sound of his playing), equally at home in the barrelhouse and the concert hall. Willie "The Lion" Smith, James P. Johnson, and Fats Waller were among his influences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- One O'Clock Jump - (1:40) - 5,049 plays
- April In Paris - (4:15) - 3,852 plays
- Sleepwalker's Serenade - 1994 - Remaster - (3:39) - 2,232 plays
- Shake Rattle & Roll - (2:04) - 1,671 plays
- Splanky - Remix; 1994 - Remaster - (3:36) - 1,697 plays
- Splanky - (4:11) - 1,590 plays
- The Kid from Red Bank - (3:49) - 1,546 plays
- Flight of the Foo Birds - (3:23) - 1,133 plays
- A Hard Day's Night - (4:26) - 795 plays