53 Shouts - 3,604,461 Scrobbles
William "Count" Basie (August 21, 1904– April 26, 1984) was a jazz pianist, organist, composer, and bandleader. As a pianist, he had a distinctive and influential style (the song title "Splanky" is an onomatopoetic reference to the sound of his playing), equally at home in the barrelhouse and the concert hall. Willie "The Lion" Smith, James P. Johnson, and Fats Waller were among his influences.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- One O'Clock Jump - (3:04) - 6,193 plays
- April in Paris - (4:09) - 4,501 plays
- Sleepwalker's Serenade - 1994 - Remaster - (3:39) - 2,904 plays
- Splanky - Remix; 1994 Digital Remaster - (3:37) - 2,404 plays
- Shake Rattle & Roll - (2:04) - 1,556 plays
- Splanky - (4:11) - 2,041 plays
- The Kid from Red Bank - (3:49) - 1,900 plays
- Jive at Five - (2:48) - 1,617 plays
- Flight of the Foo Birds - (3:23) - 1,523 plays