8 Shouts - 2,820,008 Scrobbles
Connie Smith (born Constance June Meador 14 August 1941, in Elkhart, Indiana) is an American country music singer. She is best known for her 1964 hit song "Once a Day", which spent 8 weeks at No. 1 on Billboard's Country music charts, the longest of any female country music artist in history. This was Smith's only single to reach the No. 1 spot on the Billboard charts. In less than a year, Connie Smith moved from being a small-town Ohio housewife to country stardom with a number one single to her credit.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsWhen you found somebody new
I thought I never would
For I thought then I never could
But time has taken all the pains away
- LyricsNow the hurtin's all over, all over me
A year ago today I felt like dyin'
As unloved and unwanted as a heart could be
But time has a way of changing yesterday
Now the hurtin's all over, all over me
- LyricsIn your haste you left and said you'd be returnin'
In my sorrow I forgot to ask you when
In my lonely room I sit and count the hours
Every minute hoping I'll look up and you'll come walkin' in
For then and only then will I stop crying
- LyricsIf I could see you just one time
Oh how I'd ease my troubled mind
If I could hold you just one time
And then pretend that you're still mine
Lips that used to thrill me so
- LyricsOh Lord, my God when I in all some wonder
Considered all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy art throughout the universe displayed
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee
- Cincinnati, Ohio - (2:09) - 7,348 plays
- Ain't Had No Lovin' - (2:17) - 6,500 plays
- I Never Once Stopped Loving You - (2:53) - 12,041 plays
- Cry, Cry, Cry - (2:31) - 2,336 plays
- You And Your Sweet Love - (2:47) - 7,608 plays