24 Shouts - 332,870 Scrobbles
Folding together equal portions of greasy '50s pop, Memphis-style rhythm & blues, and a punk rocker's sense of casual experimentation and musical cross breeding, the Compulsive Gamblers were at the forefront of the Memphis roots punk scene, alongside such bands as the Gibson Bros. and '68 Comeback, creating a sound that was at once sinister, comical, and full of potent groove.
The Compulsive Gamblers were formed in Memphis, TN, in 1990 by Greg Cartwright and Jack Yarber, two friends who had played in a number of rough and ready punk bands in the deep south.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stop & Think It Over - (3:19) - 1,707 plays
- Pepper Spray Boogie - (2:22) - 771 plays
- The Way I Feel About You - (2:29) - 800 plays
- Two Thieves - (5:50) - 706 plays
- Your Happiness - (2:23) - 824 plays
- I'm That Guy - (3:06) - 657 plays
- Whole Lotta Woman - (3:15) - 512 plays
- Negative Jerk - (2:14) - 484 plays
- Sour and Vicious Man - (3:10) - 441 plays
- Wait a Bit Joe - (2:48) - 302 plays
- GRAMMY 2015 Performers Include Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran…and Prince?
- One Direction Tops Billboard’s 100 Artists Of 2014 List
- Pharrell, Ed Sheeran Announce 2015 GRAMMY Awards Nominees
- Jennifer Lawrence’s “The Hanging Tree” Pops Up On Singles Chart
- Eminem’s Completely Different “Lose Yourself” Demo Surfaces Online