24 Shouts - 327,442 Scrobbles
Folding together equal portions of greasy '50s pop, Memphis-style rhythm & blues, and a punk rocker's sense of casual experimentation and musical cross breeding, the Compulsive Gamblers were at the forefront of the Memphis roots punk scene, alongside such bands as the Gibson Bros. and '68 Comeback, creating a sound that was at once sinister, comical, and full of potent groove.
The Compulsive Gamblers were formed in Memphis, TN, in 1990 by Greg Cartwright and Jack Yarber, two friends who had played in a number of rough and ready punk bands in the deep south.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Stop & Think It Over - (3:19) - 1,598 plays
- The Way I Feel About You - (2:29) - 759 plays
- Pepper Spray Boogie - (2:22) - 723 plays
- Two Thieves - (5:50) - 659 plays
- Your Happiness - (2:23) - 861 plays
- I'm That Guy - (3:06) - 619 plays
- Whole Lotta Woman - (3:15) - 535 plays
- Negative Jerk - (2:14) - 444 plays
- Sour and Vicious Man - (3:10) - 386 plays
- Rock & Roll Nurse - (4:10) - 299 plays