2 Shouts - 38,619 Scrobbles
Collin Walcott (February 24, 1945 -- November 8, 1984) was a North American musician. He was a student of Ravi Shankar and Vasant Rai. Collin expanded the role of the sitar in western music. Walcott studied music and ethnomusicology at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, and at The University of California at Los Angeles. Though best remembered for his tabla and sitar playing, Collin Walcott played many musical instruments, including trap drums, clarinet, violin, guitar, piano, percussion, marimbas, and a kalimba he fashioned himself from a gas can.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- Prancing - (3:24) - 110 plays
- Padma - (2:45) - 285 plays
- Scimitar - (2:41) - 76 plays
- Cloud Dance - (5:48) - 64 plays
- Margueritte - (8:31) - 74 plays
- Night Glider - (6:37) - 65 plays
- Vadana - (6:58) - 64 plays
- Eastern Song - (2:32) - 56 plays
- Jewel Ornament - (5:03) - 135 plays
- Moon Lake - (8:29) - 112 plays