0 Shouts - 397,785 Scrobbles
In the 60's, Colin Blunstone was the lead singer of the Zombies, a British band that developed a distinctive, jazzy sound, in which his soft, laid-back, almost hesitant voice was offset against the equally soft, but flexible and pointy instruments of organ, drum, and bass.Read More...
The Zombies disbanded. In the early 70's, Blunstone re-emerged as a solo act, and scored several major hits. The music featured rhythm guitar now and ranged from string arranged melodies, to rock, to American folk. The Zombies were never far away; for instance, "Andorra", written by co-Zombies Rod Argent and White, is a remake of "Time of the Season".
"One Year" was his first solo album.
In the late 70's Colin lent his voice to The Alan Parsons Project, a logical progression from his solo work, as can be heard in a song such as "Old and Wise".
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI realize that I've been in your eyes
Some kind of fool
What I do
What I did
Stupid fish I drank the pool
- Caroline Goodbye - 42,190 plays
- Misty Roses - 26,215 plays
- I Don't Believe In Miracles - 31,672 plays
- She Loves the Way They Love Her - 23,279 plays
- Though You Are Far Away - 18,881 plays
- Mary Won't You Warm My Bed - 18,026 plays
- Smokey Day - 14,701 plays
- Let Me Come Closer to You - 13,076 plays
- Her Song - 12,429 plays