0 Shouts - 389,826 Scrobbles
In the 60's, Colin Blunstone was the lead singer of the Zombies, a British band that developed a distinctive, jazzy sound, in which his soft, laid-back, almost hesitant voice was offset against the equally soft, but flexible and pointy instruments of organ, drum, and bass.Read More...
The Zombies disbanded. In the early 70's, Blunstone re-emerged as a solo act, and scored several major hits. The music featured rhythm guitar now and ranged from string arranged melodies, to rock, to American folk. The Zombies were never far away; for instance, "Andorra", written by co-Zombies Rod Argent and White, is a remake of "Time of the Season".
"One Year" was his first solo album.
In the late 70's Colin lent his voice to The Alan Parsons Project, a logical progression from his solo work, as can be heard in a song such as "Old and Wise".
Top SongsTotal plays on Last.fm over the last 6 months
- LyricsI realize that I've been in your eyes some kind of fool
What I do, what I did, stupid fish I drank the pool
I've been doing some dying, now I'm doing some trying
So, say you don't mind, you don't mind, you'll let me off this time
I came into this scene when my dreams were getting bad
- Caroline Goodbye - 41,434 plays
- I Don't Believe In Miracles - 30,021 plays
- Misty Roses - 25,067 plays
- She Loves the Way They Love Her - 22,986 plays
- Though You Are Far Away - 18,648 plays
- Mary Won't You Warm My Bed - 17,821 plays
- Smokey Day - 14,474 plays
- Let Me Come Closer to You - 12,932 plays
- Her Song - 12,180 plays